Fig and Sesame Bliss Bites
Sweet and chewy, these tasty bites are a satisfying on-the-go snack that could double as dessert. Tahini and toasted sesame seeds provide a contrast of smoothness and crunchiness, while figs add a burst of sweetness.
- [30 grams] ? cup sesame seeds
- [70 grams] ? cup dried Mission figs, chopped into ?-inch pieces
- [95 grams] 1 cup rolled oats
- [130 grams] ? cup smooth almond butter
- [50 grams] 2 tablespoons tahini
- [60 grams] 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) honey
- [<1 gram] ? teaspoon ground cinnamon
- [15 grams] 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- Line the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a 6-inch skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spatula until lightly browned. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sesame seeds, figs, oats, almond butter, tahini, honey, cinnamon and dry milk. Using a large spoon, stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Measure a tablespoon-sized portion and roll it between hands to make a 1?-inch ball. Place ball on parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture to create 14 balls.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for 2 hours until balls are frozen, then store in a freezer-safe container.
- Enjoy frozen or at room temperature. Serves 14.
Serving size: 1 bite (30 grams)
CALORIES 147; TOTAL FAT 9g; SAT. FAT 1g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 32mg; CARB. 15g; FIBER 2g; SUGARS 7g; PROTEIN 4g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A
Note: Nutrition information for potassium and phosphorus in sesame seeds not available.