Synopsis of the App: StoryWave is a feature-rich video editor that lets users easily develop videos in minutes.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple only
RDN Score: 5/5
- Easy-to-use with an intuitive design.
- StoryWave walks you through choosing a theme, including free, classic, dreamy, vintage, funky, colorful themes.
- Use the quick editor to select music, theme and text or enter the full editor to trim and fully customize the video with multiple effects, colors, music and text layers.
- Drag to resize, move reposition and rotate the text with ease.
- Easily select the format and duration of each video.
- Edit and mix any combination of videos and photos with different music, effects and animated text.
- Add glitch, mirror and blur effects and a variety of filters, plus easily control the basics including contrast, exposure and brightness.
- Select from a large library of music options including hip-hop, pop, trap, EDM, World Music and other genres.
- Use the app’s presets for a quick update.
- Includes video tutorials covering theme basics, editing and how to customize text.
- Upgrade to the pro app to remove the watermark and access unlimited layers for the different effects, music and text.
- Includes a free three-day pro trial. Lifetime access is less expensive than many full-service video editing applications.
- Must pay for some themes and upgrade to remove the watermark.
- Some of the effects and filters are over the top and not useful for professional-looking videos.
Bottom Line: Ideal for those with limited time and experience editing video, StoryWave has everything you need to create a good-looking video in minutes. It’s intuitive and easy to use, great for food bloggers, DIY-ers and those creating “talking head” style videos.