Kick-start the day with a savory sandwich made of herb-seared mahi-mahi, fried egg and sautéed vegetables on toasted ciabatta bread.
SERVING SIZE: 1 sandwich (439 grams)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- 2? tablespoons (36 milliliters) vegetable oil, divided
- 1? cups green bell pepper, sliced
- 1? cups red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup baby portabella mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 4 6-ounce mahi-mahi fillets
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ? teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half, toasted
- To a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add peppers, onions, mushrooms and chives and sauté 7 minutes until vegetables are tender and onions translucent. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Season fish with garlic powder, rosemary, pepper and salt.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat ? tablespoon oil and add fish fillets.
- Sear for 4 minutes, or until browned on the bottom and sides. Flip fish and sear for 4 minutes. Cook until a minimum internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) is reached. Transfer to a serving platter and set aside.
- In the same skillet over low heat, add eggs one at a time. Cook slowly until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip over eggs and cook until whites and yolks are firm.
- To assemble, place ? cup vegetable mixture, 1 fish fillet and 1 fried egg on 1 half ciabatta roll. Top with the other half of the roll. Repeat to assemble 4 sandwiches.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 517 calories, 18g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 229mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 8g sugar, 29g protein, 782mg potassium, 343mg phosphorus