Mahi-mahi is poached in a rich, red coconut curry broth and served over sautéed vegetables and jasmine rice.
SERVING SIZE: ? cup vegetables, ? cup cooked rice, 3 ounces fish, ? cup curry sauce (195 grams)
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
- ? cup dry jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon (10 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into half moons
- ? medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green beans, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 13.5-ounce (400 milliliters) can lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ? teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ? teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 6-ounce fillets frozen mahi-mahi, thawed
- ? cup fresh basil leaves
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a deep, large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion and green beans and sauté 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Lower heat to medium and add coconut milk to the same skillet. Stir in curry paste, sugar, crushed red pepper and salt and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Place fish into simmering coconut milk and cover with lid for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Cook until a minimum internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) is reached. Fish will turn opaque and flake with a fork when done.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- To serve, cut fish fillets in half and divide fish, rice and vegetables onto four plates.
- Cover each serving with ? cup curry sauce.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 375 calories, 9g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 107mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 5g sugar, 31g protein, N/A potassium, N/A phosphorus