Synopsis of the App: Openfit offers streaming fitness classes and custom nutrition plans with a side of motivation in one place.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android
RDN Score: 4/5
- Attractive and easy-to-use app.
- Stream live classes led by trainers who know your name and will personally coach you through workouts in real time.
- Pick from a number of live, on-demand and upcoming classes that range from walking to HIIT, kickboxing, yoga and stretching.
- Users enter food preferences and allergies for a custom meal plan.
- Meal plans are generally balanced for macronutrients.
- Easily remove, replace and log meals or add items you eat from the Openfit nutrition database.
- Includes an assessment upon starting to determine what you want to achieve from using the app.
- Includes non-binary language to accommodate people from all backgrounds.
- Option to turn on notifications and reminders for upcoming classes.
- Includes a complete tutorial tour on using the app.
- Includes a free seven-day trial.
- Promises to show you exactly what to eat to get the results you want.
- Must share a phone number to access real-time workouts with trainers.
- Requires age and weight to get a meal plan.
Bottom Line: Although it might push privacy limits for some and overpromises a bit on the meal plans, Openfit is ideal for independent exercisers who need a bit more motivation and want to be part of a community.