Synopsis of the App: Jumprope is an app platform designed for creating and sharing helpful how-to videos.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple only.
RDN Score: 4/5
- User-friendly design makes it easy to create and discover content.
- Create step-by-step how-to tutorials using a combination of video and photos.
- Capture video in the app or import from the camera roll.
- Easily edit to change speed, and add music, text, and filters.
- Add a custom cover photo or use an app-generated image.
- Include a (clickable) shopping list with the product(s) list and optional photos.
- Make your Jumprope pop by choosing the background color and pattern.
- Record an intro and sign off with the forward facing camera.
- View total number of steps at the start and easily skip through to later steps.
- Explore videos by category including food, drinks, beauty, fitness, wellness, and more.
- Front page topics highlight popular content like kitchen hacks and healthy eats.
- Tap to save Jumpropes to your personal account for quick recall.
- Export tutorials to Instagram and IGTV, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, and other social outlets or create a GIF with ease.
- The background color and pattern selections are limited with no custom options.
- The Jumprope community is small so you’ll likely get the most views by exporting.
- The camera quality is fair and doesn’t include filter options that users may be accustomed to in other apps like Snapchat and Instagram Stories.
- Video will be cropped to square.
- Shared videos strip away the steps, text, and product links.
- App is only available on iOS devices at the time of this review.
Bottom Line: Jumprope is ideal for anyone seeking a simple way to create and upload tutorial style recipe videos or other instructional videos.