Italian? Yes, please! You can never go wrong with tomato and basil on a pizza. ?I made the pizza dough using a basic recipe, but any dough will work here. The basil used is fresh from the garden.
The good in this? Basil is an herb that has many antioxidant properties. There are various varieties including sweet and Thai basil. Add basil to dishes to help boost your immune system or even as an alternative to help reduce sodium intake. The more herbs, the better!
Tuscany Chicken Pizza
- 1 14-inch pizza crust
- 2 thin chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cups cheese (I used a standard pizza blend)
- 1?2 cup fresh basil
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough and top with olive oil and evenly coat.
- Layer crust with cheese, chicken, tomato and basil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Let pizza cool slightly and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Note:?Make balsamic glaze by boiling balsamic vinegar until it begins to thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes for 1?2 cup vinegar. Stir often to prevent burning.