This pita wrap features homemade pesto spread and roasted vegetables. Extremely simple and an easy lunch for work. This also uses za’atar seasoning which is a Middle Eastern spice blend that contains sesame seeds and sumac. Good flavor, good nutrients, all around good feels with these wraps! Serve extra dip with raw vegetables, pretzels or pita chips as a snack.
Roasted Veggie Pita Wraps with Pesto Spread
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons za’atar seasoning
- 4 handfuls fresh kale
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ??cup almonds
- ? to?? cup olive oil
- ??teaspoon salt
- ??teaspoon pepper
- ??small lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using knife or mandolin, cut zucchini, eggplant, and yellow squash into thin slices. Toss vegetables with olive oil, za’atar seasoning, salt and pepper. Spread onto baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, prepare pesto spread by combining all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Warm pita bread according to package instructions. Top each pita with 1 to 2 tablespoons of pesto, a handful of kale,?? of roasted vegetable mixture, a few fresh diced tomatoes and wrap.
- Serve warm. Extra spread can be stored in air tight container in fridge for 5 to 7 days.