Are you looking for a healthy breakfast bar recipe or a gluten free breakfast bar? Well, look no further because these oatmeal chocolate chip banana breakfast bars are both delicious and simple!
Ingredient ideas for healthy gluten free breakfast bars
While this recipe is delicious as is, there are so many things you can do with it. Here are some substitutions that will still result in delicious gluten free breakfast bars:
- Rolled oats: You also can use quick oats but I wouldn’t recommend steel cut oats.
- Cinnamon: Feel free to experiment with other spices like pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, etc.
- Bananas: You could also try apple sauce or pumpkin puree.
- Greek yogurt: If your bars need to be dairy free, substitute pumpkin puree for the Greek yogurt, or a dairy free yogurt alternative.
- Chocolate chips: Pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, flax seeds, and nuts.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large bananas mashed
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ? cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ? cup chocolate chips or other mix-in
Preheat your oven to 375°F .
Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto a parchment lined pan and shape each scoop into a bar shape as pictured. (You will get about 8 bars out of each batch.)
Bake the bars for 18-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Let the bars cool for 5 minutes on the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Store the bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week.