Football season is here, which means tailgates, parties and tasty food! Add this easy recipe to the appetizer menu. These crunchy buffalo turkey lettuce wraps are a great way to get in veggies and still get that delicious buffalo flavor that we all love. And the best part is that it only takes 15 minutes to make!
Crunchy Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 lb 85% lean ground turkey
- ? teaspoon onion powder
- ? teaspoon garlic powder
- ? teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ? teaspoon smoked paprika
- ? teaspoon salt
- ? cup buffalo sauce
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 ? cup shredded carrots
- sliced grape tomatoes
- ranch dressing (optional)
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add ground turkey and cook 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Add buffalo sauce, stir, and remove from heat.
- Add mixture to lettuce leaves and top with shredded carrots, celery, tomatoes, and ranch dressing (optional).
I added celery and carrots because every time I eat buffalo wings, it always comes with celery and carrot sticks. I was really going for the full effect here. You can always use shredded chicken or throw everything in a bowl and eat it as a salad – that works, too! Any type of lettuce can be used, so choose your favorite.